Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Quickie

Today I am flooded with gratefulness. I probably wont have time to name all that I am grateful for, but here is a start: (not in any order - just random.....)
  • Family who loves me in spite of my weirdness
  • So many kindnesses that people show me each day
  • Jobs for every member of my family
  • A God who cares about me
  • A big red dented Suburban that is paid for!
  • A smaller house with a smaller rent
  • My 80 yr. old mother, who just flew in tonight and is resting peacefully in the next room.
  • Chocolate
  • People who are younger than me and remind me of how idealistic I was at one time!
  • Old friends that I have been getting reacquainted with after 30 years!
  • New friends that think I'm cool.... until they get to know me :)
  • My daughter, who seems to like me.
  • My son, who is so very thoughtful.
  • My oldest son, who brightens my days and makes me giggle
  • All of the pictures and videos I took when my kids were little
  • My father, Andrew Slack, who re-wrote our family tree. We now have a proud and loving heritage!
  • My sweet little Mommy, who always seemed happy to me.
  • My Brother, Ronnie, who is rewriting the story of his grandchildren's lives - what a blessing for them.
  • My sister, Cheri, who has shown me how to grab onto God and not let go.
  • My baby sister, Pammy, who remains a very positive influence no matter what comes.
  • My husband, John, who is the most gifted, creative, hilarious and loving person in the world..... plus he is a great cook!
I will make another list later, but I got tired and am going to bed.

2 comments:

pammydawn said...

Made me cry! All of it so true. You are not weird, just different! Isn't it amazing how different all of our family is, all weird, but in different ways!

Jennie Slack said...

THANKS, Cindie, for the wonderful reminders! YOU are a cool dudette.