Sunday, May 10, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY 2009

When my children were younger, I could ALWAYS count on breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. It was always toasted english muffins with orange juice and milk. An egg was added when they got old enough to cook.
It was so sweet to hear them scurrying around in the kitchen. Often, I had already been up, but had to jump back in bed and pretend I was asleep and very surprised.
The breakfast was always accompanied by a card (preferably hand made) and if they got to go shopping with their dad, they also had presents to give me.
Of course, I never cared about the presents - just the fact that God had blessed me with these treasures was enough.
...now don't get me wrong...my reference to my children is not always "my little treasures" - and if you know me - you totally understand. However, I do count them as treasures in my heart.

Today, I did hear from Tiff - she is trying to get her life together. I think she finally realizes that these things have to be HER decisions and HER effort. I suppose I have realized it as well.
However, I don't plan on hearing from Britt - she is too angry that we can no longer be manipulated. She is angry that we know that she lied about us to many people.
Am I angry? ....probably. I don't FEEL anger anymore, but it rares its ugly head now and again. I hide under the guise of not caring.
Do I care? I'm not sure. I think I don't, but then - that is not my personality.
Do I love her? Without a doubt. But I will not attend her little 'ruin-my-life' party.

So, I sit here and feel blessed and heartbroken all at once.
......still thankful.

No comments: